- Going into Week 8, only 12 teams remain undefeated in College Football.
- The top four teams in the AP Top 25 poll this week are Alabama, LSU, Clemson, and Ohio State.
- Only two weeks remain until the first College Football Playoff Rankings are announced.
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. – Week 8 of the college football season is upon us. With a good slate of matchups this weekend the College Football Playoff picture could get shaken up again.
We get two matchups of Top 25 teams facing off against each other in Week 8: the No. 12 Oregon Ducks vs. the No. 25 Washington Huskies, and the No. 16 Michigan Wolverines vs. No. 7 Penn State Nittany Lions. While these matchups might be headliners, there is still plenty of value to be found on the rest of Saturday's slate. CFB historical betting trends can play a huge role in how a matchup will unfold.
If you’re thinking about betting on college football on Saturday, these Week 8 CFB trends may help you find an edge to win your bets at sportsbooks for US players.
No. 3 Clemson Tigers (-24) vs. Louisville Cardinals @ 12 p.m. EST
- Clemson is 5-0 SU against Louisville in their last five meetings.
- The Cardinals are 4-2 ATS in their last six games.
Winner: Clemson Tigers SU
No. 5 Oklahoma Sooners (-33.5) vs. West Virginia Mountaineers @ 12 p.m. EST
- The Sooners are on a seven-game win streak against the Mountaineers.
- West Virginia is 0-4-1 ATS in their last five games against Oklahoma.
Winner: Oklahoma Sooners ATS
No. 9 Florida Gators (-5) vs. South Carolina Gamecocks @ 12 p.m. EST
- When playing on the road against South Carolina, the total has gone Under in four of the Gators last five games.
- The Gamecocks are 5-1 ATS in their last six games against an SEC opponent.
Winner: South Carolina Gamecocks ATS
Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets vs. Miami Hurricanes (-18) @ 12 p.m. EST
- The Yellow Jackets are 0-5 SU in their last five games on the road against the Hurricanes.
- Miami has an 8-2 record SU against Georgia Tech in their last ten meetings.
Winner: Miami Hurricanes SU
No. 2 LSU Tigers (-17.5) vs. Mississippi State Bulldogs @ 3:30 p.m. EST
- LSU is 1-4 ATS in their last five meetings against Mississippi State.
- Mississippi State is 1-8 SU in their last nine meetings at home against LSU.
Winner: LSU ATS
North Carolina State Wolfpack (-3) vs. Boston College Eagles @ 12 p.m. EST
- The Wolfpack are 1-4-1 ATS in their last six matchups against Boston College.
- In Boston College’s last five matchups against North Carolina State, the total has gone Under.
Winner: NC State Wolfpack SU
No. 12 Oregon Ducks (-3) vs. No. 25 Washington Huskies @ 3:30 p.m. EST
- Oregon is 5-1 ATS in their last six games on the road against the Huskies.
- The Huskies are 2-13 SU in their last 15 games against Oregon.
Winner: Oregon Ducks SU
Temple Owls vs. No. 19 SMU Mustangs (-7.5) @ 3:30 p.m. EST
- Temple is 5-1 SU in their last six games
- The Mustangs are 1-4 ATS in their last five AAC conference games.
Winner: SMU Mustangs SU
No. 18 Baylor Bears vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys (-4.0) @ 4:00 p.m. EST
- Baylor has a 4-1 record SU in their last five games against Oklahoma State.
- When playing Baylor at home the Oklahoma State Cowboys have a record of 11-1 SU.
Winner: Oklahoma State Cowboys ATS
Kentucky Wildcats vs. No. 10 Georgia Bulldogs (-25) @ 6:00 p.m. EST
- Kentucky has lost nine straight games to Georgia.
- The Bulldogs are 11-1 SU at home against Kentucky in their last 12 games.
Winner: Georgia Bulldogs ATS
No. 17 Arizona State Sun Devils vs. No. 13 Utah Utes (-13.5) @ 6:00 p.m. EST
- The Sun Devils are 6-2 SU in their last eight meetings against Utah.
- In Utah’s last five games against a Pac-12 opponent, the total has gone Under.
Winner: Utah Utes SU
No. 16 Michigan Wolverines vs. No. 7 Penn State Nittany Lions (-9) @ 7:30 p.m. EST
- The Wolverines are 4-1 SU in their last five games against Penn State.
- The total has gone Over in five straight meetings between Michigan and Penn State.
Winner: Penn State Nittany Lions ATS
No. 1 Alabama Crimson Tide (-34.5) vs. Tennessee Volunteers @ 9:00 p.m. EST
- When playing at home against Tennessee, the Crimson Tide are 7-0 SU in their last seven matchups.
Winner: Alabama Crimson Tide SU
Tulane Green Wave vs. Memphis Tigers (-4) @ 7:00 p.m. EST
- The Green Wave have a record of 0-6 SU in their last six games on the road against Memphis.
- Memphis is 5-0 SU in their last five games at home.
Winner: Memphis Tigers SU
Duke Blue Devils vs. Virginia Cavaliers (-3) @ 3:30 p.m. EST
- The Blue Devils are 2-7 SU on the road against the Cavaliers in their last nine matchups.
- Virginia is 4-1 SU against the Duke Blue Devils in their last five meetings.
Winner: Duke Blue Devils ATS
As a professional sports writer, Robert has written for outlets such as the FAMUAN and other sports-centric platforms. He focuses mainly on NFL and NBA betting, though he keeps tabs on every major sport.