- Group play in the UEFA Champions League begins Wednesday with reigning winners Bayern Munich getting -160 odds via threeway moneyline over Atletico Madrid.
- The match will feature tons of star power, with Robert Lewandowski and Munich facing off against Madrid’s newest weapon Luis Suarez.
- Other odds for the game include Atletico Madrid +275 for draw no bet, and both teams to score at -135.
MUNICH, Germany – After winning the UEFA Champions League last season, German powerhouse Bayern Munich begins their quest to retain the best trophy in Europe.
Bayern Munich finds themselves in Group A of this year’s Champions League and draws a tough matchup with Spanish side Atletico Madrid in their first match.
Those looking to wager on the match can find Munich as the favorite on all of the major online sportsbooks.
Bayern Munich vs. Atletico Madrid Odds
- Bayern Munich -160
- Atletico Madrid +400
- Draw +310
- Spread: BAY -0.5, -1
- O/U: 2.5, 3
The two teams will meet in Allianz Arena in Munich as Bayern begins their campaign to win back-to-back European trophies for the first time since 1976.
Bayern has been dominant throughout European competition as of late, holding an average win margin of 3.18 over 11 straight Champions League wins.
They are led by Robert Lewandowski, who despite his age has become debatably the best striker in the world over the last year.
Robert Lewandowski for club and country in 2020 = 👏👏👏
— UEFA EURO 2020 (@EURO2020) October 16, 2020
On the other side, Atletico Madrid will welcome in striker Luis Suarez. Suarez was acquired from Barcelona where he spent so many years as the counterpart to Leonel Messi on the front line. Now, he will bring his prowess back to the club that jumpstarted his stellar career.
Soccer bettors looking for value should be wary of picking against the German giants. Suarez’s ability to score from anywhere on the field makes Atletico a viable underdog pick.
Bayern Munich Betting Trends
- Reigning winners of the Champions League have won their opening home match in seven straight years.
- Bayern Munich has won 33 of its last 35 matches across all competitions.
Atletico Madrid Betting Trends
- Atletico has lost five of their last seven Champions League away matches.
- Atletico has only outright lost two of their last 25 matches across all competitions.
Jimmy Reinman honed his skills across various mediums including print, radio, and broadcast before bringing his arsenal of knowledge to the team here at USAOnlineSportsbooks in 2020. When he’s not writing, you can find him in a state of focused stress on any College Football Saturday, or maniacally constructing NBA parlays on a cool spring evening.