- Paolo Banchero’s -400 betting odds on Bovada to be selected third overall by the Houston Rockets, make that the single largest favorite of all player and team combinations in the draft.
- Betting on Banchero to be selected by the Rockets this year, is very similar to betting on Jalen Green (-400 pre-draft odds) during last year’s draft to be picked by the Rockets.
BROOKLYN, N.Y. – According to every major NBA sportsbook, Paolo Banchero to the Houston Rockets with the third overall pick is the single most likely team/player combination in the draft.
Betting Favorite For Each NBA Draft Slot
|1. Orlando Magic||Jabari Smith (-200)||Jabari Smith (-150)||Jabari Smith (-155)||Jabari Smith (-140)|
|2. Oklahoma City Thunder||Chet Holmgren (-150)||Chet Holmgren (-135)||Chet Holmgren (-155)||Chet Holmgren (-155)|
|3. Houston Rockets||Paolo Banchero (-400)||Paolo Banchero (-200)||Paolo Banchero (-360)||Paolo Banchero (-260)|
|4. Sacramento Kings||Jaden Ivey (-175)||Jaden Ivey (-175)||Jaden Ivey (-175)||Jaden Ivey (-230)|
The top five picks in the NBA Draft all have a favorite versus the entire field, but Banchero with -400 odds to be selected by the Houston Rockets according to Bovada is the heaviest favorite of them all.
Comparing Betting Odds To The 2021 NBA Draft
In last year’s NBA Draft, the first five picks all had betting favorites. Those favorites were:
- Detroit Pistons: Cade Cunningham (-5000)
- Houston Rockets: Jalen Green (-400)
- Cleveland Cavaliers: Evan Mobley (-225)
- Toronto Raptors: Jalen Suggs (-160)
- Orlando Magic: Scottie Barnes (-225)
The first three picks went exactly as the odds indicated, with only Jalen Suggs and Scottie Barnes failing to get selected where sportsbooks had predicted.
Jalen Green, who had -400 odds to be selected second overall by the Rockets, is a nearly perfect NBA Draft betting comparison to Paolo Banchero given the team (Houston Rockets), odds (both -400), and they both had many different mews sources linking them to the organization.
Betting On Paolo Banchero To The Rockets
Banchero is the odds-on favorite by so many sportsbooks to be selected by the Rockets for numerous reasons:
- The Rockets traded Christian Wood to the Dallas Mavericks.
- Wood played a lot of power forward for the Rockets, which is Banchero’s position.
- Of the players expected to be a part of the Rockets rotation in 2022-2023, Alperan Sengun is the only player 6-10 or taller, indicating the need for a player with Banchero’s size.
- According to the Athletic, of the three best prospects according to most NBA scouts (Jabari Smith, Chet Holmgren, and Paolo Banchero), Houston has the most familiarity with Banchero.