- This Saturday night features a slate of four primetime college football games, including No. 6 Florida as a 17-point favorite against Arkansas.
- In the Big Ten, Michigan attempts to right their ship when they host No. 13 Wisconsin (-5), who is playing just their second game of the season.
- Other primetime matchups include No. 11 Oregon (-10.5) against Washington State, and No. 19 SMU as a one-point underdog against Tulsa.
LAS VEGAS – The war for the College Football season has entered attrition.
A wave of postponements and cancellations has swept over the country as schools in the SEC, Big Ten, Pac-12, ACC, and American all deal with the effects of the ongoing pandemic.
This is the peak reaction in a season of college football that has seen 57 of a possible 370 FBS games either postponed or outright canceled so far.
Teams like the Alabama Crimson Tide, Ohio State Buckeyes, and so many others will not be in action Saturday, leaving college football bettors scouring the schedule for a valuable matchup. The marquee timeslot of the day comes in primetime, with four conference games that offer the best betting potential.
All odds are available to wager on via the major online sportsbooks.
SEC – 7:00 p.m. EST ESPN
- Arkansas +500
- Florida -800
- Spread: FLA -17.0
- O/U: 60.0
The biggest game with upset potential this weekend comes from the SEC, where four of the seven games scheduled this weekend were shuttered. Florida and Arkansas were able to avoid the storm this week, and earn the right to play each other Saturday night. Bettors should take note, as this Arkansas team is far different than any that has taken the field in recent memory.
Feleipe Franks with a ROCKET to put Arkansas ON TOP!🐗
— PFF College (@PFF_College) November 8, 2020
The big story here is that of disgraced Gator quarterback Feleipe Franks returning as a Razorback to the stadium where his own fans booed him on multiple occasions. While the drama leads towards a storybook upset, the Florida offense will likely be too good for it to materialize.
Key Betting Trends
- Arkansas is a perfect 6-0 against the spread this season.
- The Razorbacks have hit the under in four of their six games this season.
- Florida has hit the over in four of their five games this season.
- The Gators have won ten of their last eleven at home.
- Florida has beaten Arkansas five times in a row in Gainesville.
Pac-12 – 7:00 p.m. EST FOX
- Oregon -370
- Washington St. +285
- Spread: ORE -10.5
- O/U: 57.5
Over in the Pac-12, teams are still just excited to be playing football. In just their second game of the year, it is still hard to tell who are the contenders in the conference, with Oregon and USC the early bright spots. Washington St. was able to get a win in their first game, as did Oregon.
Mario Cristobal has been doing a great job assembling an elite offensive line for the Ducks that is anchored around Penei Sewell. The Ducks ran for 269 yards in their first game and could do so again against a Wazzu defense that has only lost talent this season.
Pac 12 Betting Trends
- Oregon is 5-2 ATS in their last seven games.
- Both teams covered the spread in their first games last week.
- The Ducks have hit the over in six of their last nine games.
- Wazzu has hit the over in five of their last seven games.
Big Ten – 7:30 p.m. EST ABC
- Wisconsin -200
- Michigan +170
- Spread: WIS -5.0
- O/U: 54.0
The time has almost come for Jim Harbaugh. His Michigan Wolverines sit at 1-2 on the season following a devastating loss to rival Michigan St. last week and must now take on a No. 13 Wisconsin team. Granted, Wisconsin has only played one game this season and had half the team test positive for the virus. A win here would do a great bit for Harbaugh, but another bad loss could do much worse.
Betting Trends For Michigan-Wisconsin
- Michigan has beaten Wisconsin seven of the last eight games played in Ann Arbor.
- The Wolverines are 1-4 ATS in their last five games.
- Wisconsin has hit the over in six of their last seven games.
- The Badgers have covered the spread in five of their last six games against Michigan.
AAC – 7:00 p.m. EST ESPN2
- SMU -105
- Tulsa -115
- Spread: TUL -1.0
- O/U: 64.5
SMU appears to be on the right track. The Mustangs come into this one winners of seven of their last eight behind the arm of Shane Buechele. However, the Golden Hurricane is the slight favorite here. SMU relies heavily on their passing attack, throwing for nearly 334 yards per game. Tulsa stands by their defense, which is among the top in the American.
AAC Football Betting Trends
- SMU is 5-3 ATS on the season.
- Tulsa is 4-1 ATS in their last five games.
- Tulsa has beaten SMU seven of the last eight times they played in Tulsa.
- Tulsa has hit the under in eight of their last twelve home games.
Jimmy Reinman honed his skills across various mediums including print, radio, and broadcast before bringing his arsenal of knowledge to the team here at USAOnlineSportsbooks in 2020. When he’s not writing, you can find him in a state of focused stress on any College Football Saturday, or maniacally constructing NBA parlays on a cool spring evening.