American Express Sportsbooks
Top online sportsbooks frequently accept American Express cards as a deposit method. The reason some sportsbooks, and businesses in general, don't accept American Express is because Amex charges the business a higher fee than other notable credit cards such as Visa or Mastercard. State-regulated sportsbooks rarely accept American Express deposits or withdrawals. Just as American Express cards are known for their safety, speed, and high limits, so are the top online sportsbooks that support Amex.
Best American Express Online Sportsbooks
|American Express Sportsbooks||New U.S. Player Bonus||Go To U.S. Betting Site|
|Review||50% Up To $250|
|Review||50% Up To $1,000 NEW!|
|Review||50% New Member Bonus!|
|Review||100% Up To $300|
|Review||50% Up To $1,000 NEW!|
Benefits Of Using American Express To Deposit At Online Sportsbooks
- Deposit Speed: American Express deposits are completed instantly once they have been approved. That deposit speed makes Amex one of the most popular options for sports bettors looking to get in on the action at a moment’s notice.
- Earn Rewards: The most common reason people use American Express is because of the rewards opportunities through points that they accumulate. Depositing into an online sportsbook is no different, as users accumulate points with each deposit.
- Deposit Bonuses: Large deposit bonuses are available for American Express deposits. Bonuses given to American Express deposits will come in the form of percentage matches, and often come with low rollovers.
Drawbacks Of Using American Express At Online Sportsbooks
- Occasionally Declined: When an American Express deposit gets declined it is not because of the sportsbook, it is because some banks decline international deposits to sportsbooks. Cryptocurrencies and Amex gift cards are the easiest way around that.
- Not Offered Everywhere: American Express charges every business high fees for their transactions, and sportsbooks are no different. Because of those high fees, some sportsbooks refuse to offer it as a deposit method.
Best Sportsbooks That Welcome American Express Deposits
The best American Express sportsbooks are easy to find, as many sportsbooks accept Amercian Express deposits. Just accepting AmEx isn't enough to get on this list, of course, as these sportsbooks must be proven leaders not only when using American Express but also when it comes to all the other aspects of the website in question. We have used these sportsbooks extensively ourselves, so we know that AmEx does work with them.
The Best Online Sportsbook For American Express Users
Sportsbook With The Highest American Express Maximum Deposit
For bettors looking to deposit the most money possible with American Express, BetOnline is the sportsbook for you. Their $5,000 maximum deposit is double that of most other sportsbooks. Large bettors flock to BetOnline because of their betting odds, high maximums, and an incredible volume of bets available.
Easiest Sportsbook For New Spors Bettors
Sportsbook With The Best Odds
Safest Online Sportsbook For American Express
Types Of American Express Cards Accepted At Sportsbooks
Best Deposit Bonuses For AmEx Sportsbooks
- Amex Deposit Bonus At Bovada - Maximum Bonus: $750, Percent Bonus: 75%, Rollover: 5X
- Amex Deposit Bonus AT BetOnline - Maximum Bonus: $1,000, Percent Bonus: 50%, Rollover: 10X
- Amex Deposit Bonus AT MyBookie - Maximum Bonus: $1,000, Percent Bonus: 100%, Rollover: 10X
- Amex Deposit Bonus AT SportsBetting - Maximum Bonus: $1,000, Percent Bonus: 50%, Rollover: 10X
- Amex Deposit Bonus AT XBet - Maximum Bonus: $500, Percent Bonus: 100%, Rollover: 7X
How Fast Are American Express Sportsbook Deposits?
American Express sportsbook deposits are quite fast. Other than convenience, speed is the number one reason that people use American Express to deposit into online sportsbooks. Transactions all are processed immediately, with funds in your account right away. Amex cards take seconds to get approved, and seconds later the funds will appear in your sportsbook account. That depositing speed makes American Express elite for sports bettors who are late to get in on the action but don't want to miss a great bet.
American Express Sportsbook Deposit Minimums
American Express Sportsbook Maximum Deposits
American Express Sportsbook Deposit Fees
American Express cards are typically charged a slightly higher fee than other notable credit card companies, and that remains true when using Amex to deposit into online sportsbooks. Fees for American Express deposits can range from 6% to 9.9% at online sportsbooks, but some top internationally regulated sportsbooks like Bovada waive their fees on the initial deposit. Most users will deposit the most money on their first deposit regardless, but for American Express users it is important to take advantage of the fee being waived because those fees can begin to really cut into any earnings that are made.
Using An American Express Gift Cards To Deposit At An Online Sportsbook
For users not looking to use their American Express credit/debit cards, the American Express gift cards are a fantastic option. Amex gift cards are accepted anywhere that American Express cards are accepted, and they also get declined less frequently. Rarely Amex credit/debit cards will get declined, but when they do it is because US banks are not supposed to do business with internationally regulated sportsbooks. The American Express gift cards do not run into this problem because they are approved for international use, which means they will never get declined. Sportsbook depositors do not have to worry if they can deposit enough, as American Express gift cards can range from $25-$3,000, which is higher than most deposit maximums.
What Sports Can I Bet On With Amex 2022
When an online sportsbook accepts and processes an Amex deposit, there are no limits on what sports that the deposit can be used to wager on. From the NFL preseason, all the way to NBA future title odds, funding an account with America Express options the door for all the most exciting sports in 2022.
Popular Types Of Sports Bets That Amex Deposits Allow
- Totals (Over/Under)
- Player Props
- Game Props
- Future Bets
What Happens If My American Express Sportsbook Deposit Is Declined?
Declined sportsbook deposits occasionally occur when using American Express., When they do it is because of one reason: the Unlawful Internet Gaming Enforcement Act (UIGEA). UIGEA was passed in 2016 for the purpose of prohibiting banks from allowing payments to online sportsbooks not located in the United States. Those banks infrequently actually block the transactions, but when they do it proves the benefit of using other deposit methods such as cryptocurrencies or even gift cards. If this happens to you, don’t worry. It just means you need to use another deposit method.
American Express Sportsbook Withdrawals
Online sportsbooks rarely, if ever, will allow a withdrawal to be made back onto an American Express credit or debit card. If a deposit was made via Amex, that means that to withdraw users will have to find another method. Some sportsbooks will allow withdrawals via cryptocurrency even if the deposit was not made via that method, but it is likely that users will have to use either the check by courier, money order, or wire transfer withdrawal options that most sportsbooks have available.