- The best for the round of 16 matchup between Portugal and Switzerland is on João Felix to shoot over 1.5 shots with -150 odds based on his previous play, fresh legs, and Ronaldo-centric drama.
- After an offensively focused game saw him get less involved passing ball, online sportsbooks overreacted and set Manuel Akanji's prop too low and made it one of the best bets of the match.
LUSAIL, Qatar - Prop betting odds on the Portugal versus Switzerland match at Bovada are some of the best bets for the knockout round, with odds on players from both teams standing out.
Betting on João Felix Shot Attempts
The best bet at online sportsbooks for the Portugal versus Switzerland match is likely on João Felix’s shot attempts.
João Felix Shot Attempts
- Over 1.5 -150
- Under 1.5 +115
Betting on João Felix to attempt at least two shots is a great option for many different reasons:
- Rest: Felix has not played in over ten days and should have plenty of rest and fresh legs as a result. He sat out Portugal's final Group Stage match against South Korea as a result of Portugal clinching advancement after two games and to avoid an additional yellow card.
- Previous Play: João has proven to be an integral part of the Portugal attack and is second on the team in shots thus far with five despite only playing in two matches. Felix has attempted at least two shots in both matches as well.
- Ronaldo Drama: Recent reports suggest that it is possible that Cristiano Ronaldo may be headed to the bench against Switzerland. Ronaldo leads the club in shots and if he were benched or even substituted from the game early Portugal would lean on Felix to shoot.
Betting on Manuel Akanji Pass Attempts
Through three matches Manuel Akanji has attempted 195 passes, good for 65 attempts per game.
Despite that Switzerland-leading average, online soccer sportsbooks set his prop at 59.5 pass attempts.
Manuel Akanji Pass Attempts
- Over 59.5 -121
- Under 59.5 -108
Akanji would have cleared that prop in two of three matches thus far in the World Cup.
USAOnlineSportsbooks.com provides you with the most current information regarding sports betting and fantasy with the help of commissions we receive from links you may click on our site.
In fact, Manuel Akanji would have surpassed his passing attempts props when just counting his completed passes in one match (67 versus Brazil).
This line is likely set too low as a result of his 52 passes in Switzerland's last match versus Serbia, but that was an offensively focused match that ended 3-2.
Betting on a return to at least 60 passes by Manuel Akanji is an incredibly strong option in the Portugal versus Switzerland knockout stage match.
Are you trailing or fading the best prop betting odds on the Portugal and Switzerland match?