- The matchup between Ohio State and Penn State features two prolific offenses led by elite quarterbacks, making it likely the game goes over the 61.0-point total set at Bovada.
- Betting on a score in the first five minutes features +104 odds and has a high probability of hitting based on the total of the game.
UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa. – Penn State is hosting Ohio State this weekend in a game that oddsmakers have marked to be a shootout, with the 61.0 total the third highest in the program’s last 30 meetings.
Despite the high total, the best bet at Bovada is on the over.
Ohio State at Penn State Odds
|Ohio State (#2)
|Penn State (#13)
Betting on the Over in PSU vs OSU
With a four-year starter in Sean Clifford quarterbacking Penn State and Heisman Trophy front runner CJ Stroud leading the way for Ohio State, it is no wonder that Bovada has set the line so high.
Despite the popular college football sportsbook giving the game a high total, recent trends suggest the game is still likely to go over.
- The over has hit in Ohio State’s last five games, with Ohio State itself clearing the total in two of them.
- Both Ohio State and Penn State have had the over hit in five out of seven games this season.
- Ohio State is averaging 49.6 points per game, while Penn State is scoring 33.4 points per game. If both teams come even close to their averages the combined score at the end of the game may be closer to 80 than 61.
Betting on an Early Score
In every one of Ohio State’s games this season there has been at least one score in the first five minutes.
USAOnlineSportsbooks.com provides you with the most current information regarding sports betting and fantasy with the help of commissions we receive from links you may click on our site.
With this game likely to be a shootout, it is likely that trend continues.
Despite that, online sportsbooks are giving +104 odds on any type of score in the first five minutes of the game.
Time Elapsed for the First Score
With two prolific offenses likely to score a lot of points, betting on at least one of the teams to get in on the action within five minutes with plus odds is an excellent value in this matchup between two Big Ten powerhouse programs.