- After losing Timo Meier to injury and then trading him, the San Jose Sharks have lost six out of eight games.
- The Sharks have lost in seven straight matchups vs the Blues and failed to cover the +1.5 puck line in six straight.
- The Blues are also struggling, with just two wins in their last 10 games.
ST. LOUIS, Mo. – With online betting sites setting the puck line at -1.5 for the St. Louis Blues, history can back up the consistency they have had against the San Jose Sharks even if the team overall is not performing great.
The Blues have notably beat the Sharks in seven straight games including last week when they won 6-3. But, the Blues and Sharks enter this game both on big skids in the last month.
After dealing star winger Timo Meier to the New Jersey Devils following his injury, the Sharks’ offense has struggled mightily, scoring more than three goals on only one occasion since then.
Sharks @ Blues Odds
- Money Line: St. Louis Blues (-145) vs San Jose Sharks (+125)
- Puck Line: St. Louis Blues -1.5 (+180)
- Total: 6.5
Blues Hold Historical Dominance Over Sharks
While the St. Louis Blues have been on a poor streak of games going just 2-8 in their last 10, they were able to notch a three-goal win against the Sharks this past week.
The Blues have also enjoyed a very strong record against the Sharks in recent matchups, with seven straight wins and six straight by two or more goals.
At a very approachable +180 to cover a -1.5 puck line at NHL sportsbooks, the Blues will rely on their extremely impressive track record against the Sharks to cash in on the profitable odds despite the rough patch of games they have gone through.
USAOnlineSportsbooks.com provides you with the most current information regarding sports betting and fantasy with the help of commissions we receive from links you may click on our site.
In terms of the Sharks and their +1.5 puck line, the -220 odds seem far too short given that the Sharks have lost by two or more goals in five games since losing Timo Meier and have been generally underwhelming against the Blues in recent years. The value does not seem to be there for the Sharks puck line despite the Blues having a horrible stretch of recent games.
The total over also may have some value given that both matchups this season had eight or more goals scored making the -105 odds something to keep in mind.
However, it is a precarious situation with top Blues goalie Jordan Binnington expected to patrol the crease, which he did in the first matchup of the season but not the most recent one. With Timo Meier also gone from the Sharks, they will miss much of the firepower he provided in the first game vs the Blues back in November when he scored a goal.
Other Betting Trends to Know
- Jordan Binnington has won four out of his last five matchups against the Sharks, allowing 2.4 goals per game.
- At home, the Blues have won three out of the last five games vs the Sharks.
- Despite having top defenseman Erik Karlsson, the Sharks are allowing a whopping five goals per game over their last five.
Jeremias began writing 4 years ago after beginning his career at Florida State University. He mainly focuses on using analytics and statistics to educate readers on trends and discoveries to get a leg up on sportsbooks. He mainly focuses on NFL, NHL, and NBA. During his free time, you can find him researching, writing, and betting on various sports.