- With a history that dates back to 1875, bettors can eliminate over half the field using trends when betting on the Kentucky Oaks.
- After reducing the betting pool, Botanical with +500 odds stands out as the best bet due to a clear edge in speed over other competitors.
LOUISVILLE, Ky. - The prequel to the Kentucky Derby, the Kentucky Oaks odds at online sportsbooks are a great way for players to get in on the action ahead of the "Run for the Roses".
Bettors at online horse betting sites for US players can take advantage of multiple trends that limit the field of fillies to bet on in order to take advantage of long odds offered by online sportsbooks for the Kentucky Oaks and boost their bankroll ahead of the Derby.
Kentucky Oaks Odds 2023
- 1. Mimi Kakushi +3300
- 2. The Alys Look +2000
- 3. Gambling Girl +1600
- 4. Southlawn +700
- 5. Wonder Wheel +1200
- 6. Botanical +500
- 7. Wet Paint +300
- 8. Promiseher America +2500
- 9. And Tell Me Nolies +1600
- 10. Flying Connection +2000
- 11. Defining Purpose +1400
- 12. Dorth Vader +2500
- 13. Affirmative Lady +1000
- 14. Pretty Mischievous +1100
- 15. Taxed +2000
- 16. Julia Shining +1600
- 17. Hoosier Philly +2500
With a long-running history that dates back to 1875, bettors have a long history of Kentucky Oaks races to identify trends.
Limiting that nearly 150 years down can give bettors a modern look at how the historic race has played out.
Some of the modern trends for the Kentucky Oaks that bettors can use to eliminate some fillies from contention are:
- Jockies: No jockey has successfully defended their title at the Kentucky Oaks in over 50 years. That would eliminate Dorth Vader (+2500) from the field because they are jockeyed by last year's victorious jockey Luis Saez.
- Trainer: The last trainer to train back-to-back winners of the Kentucky Oaks was Darrell Wayne Lukas in 1989 and 1990. Lukas won back the crown last year after training Secret Oath, but will not be repeating this season because no horses qualified.
- Minimum Speed Trend: Since 2011, ten of the 12 winning horses had E-Speeds of at least 93 or above in their previous race. This eliminates notable horses like Affirmative Lade (+1000), Wonder Wheel (+1200), and And Tell Me Nolies (+1600) from the field.
After using those modern trends to remove some of the competition, bettors can focus on the eight horses remaining at USA online sportsbooks.
USAOnlineSportsbooks.com provides you with the most current information regarding sports betting and fantasy with the help of commissions we receive from links you may click on our site.
Among those horses, bettors can see one horse specifically stands out as having reached the fastest top speed in their most recent race and is the best bet.
Recent trends and high speeds point to Botanical as being the best bet for the 2023 Kentucky Oaks with +500 odds.