- The San Francisco 49ers are road favorites at Bovada when they face the Seattle Seahawks on Thursday Night Football.
- Past performances by the 49ers without Deebo Samuel may be grim, but San Francisco is still the best bet to win.
SEATTLE - Despite Deebo Samuel's ankle injury likely keeping the star receiver out on Thursday Night Football, the San Francisco 49ers are road favorites at Bovada against the division-rival Seattle Seahawks.
San Francisco 49ers vs Seattle Seahawks Odds
|San Francisco 49ers
Samuel was a first-team All-Pro in 2021, with another multi-time All-Pro legendary 49ers wide receiver indicating how much he will be missed while also providing a coaching suggestion to Kyle Shanahan.
View this post on Instagram
On top of any potential concerns about rookie seventh round pick Brock Purdy under center, sports bettors may also point to the 49ers’ previous performances with Deebo as reasons to bet on the Seattle Seahawks at NFL sportsbooks.
USAOnlineSportsbooks.com provides you with the most current information regarding sports betting and fantasy with the help of commissions we receive from links you may click on our site.
49ers Without Deebo Samuel
Dating back to Samuel's rookie season in 2019, the wide receiver has missed 12 games.
In those games the 49ers have not fared well:
- In 12 games without Deebo the 49ers have gone 5-7 straight up compared to 33-17 with him.
- In 3 games without Deebo when playing the Seahawks the 49ers have gone 0-3 outright and 1-2 against the spread.
- Over the last eight games without Deebo the 49ers have gone 2-6, with an average score margin of -4.25.
Online sportsbooks are keenly aware of how valuable Deebo Samuel is to San Francisco, yet they still made the 49ers favorites.
In fact, they are even a better bet than Seattle on Thursday Night Football for a few key reasons:
- Since the trade for Christian McCaffrey, the 49ers have gone 6-1, winning their past six.
- The San Francisco defense has allowed 10.67 points while on their current win streak.
- Without Deebo Samuel the 49ers have gone 5-4 on the road compared to 0-3 at home.
- Brock Purdy threw for 185 yards and two touchdowns in his first start, playing so well that he got to rest in the fourth quarter.
Thursday Night Football may be considered a trap game for many based on the significance of Deebo's loss, but the current form of the 49ers and the lackluster 30-24 loss by Seattle against the Carolina Panthers makes San Francisco the best bet to cover the spread.
Are you trailing bets on a Deebo-less 49ers team on Thursday Night Football?