- Clayton Kershaw has won 22 out of his last 30 home games, when the Dodgers are the favorite, and they have -218 odds to win the game and have +110 odds to win and have Kershaw record 5+ strikeouts.
- Josh Naylor has struggled against left handed pitching, being struck out 30% of the time in 2022 along with Austin Hedges, striking out seven times, with one hit, in 21 batting attempts against Kershaw.
- Cleveland has won eight of their last 10 games, but lost to the Dodgers both times they met this season.
LOS ANGELES – When playing at home as the favorite, Clayton Kershaw has a 22-8 record, since 2019.
Kershaw is a left-handed pitcher, which has been giving the Guardians trouble in past games, and online sportsbooks have -115 odds for Kershaw to record 4+ strikeouts with a Dodgers win as well.
Cleveland Struggling Against The Left Hand
Josh Naylor for the Guardians, has not as productive against left-handed pitchers, opening up room to bet on Kershaw’s total strikeouts bets. Having 50 plate appearances against left-handed pitchers in 2022, Naylor has been struck out 30% of those occurrences.
To be specific, Naylor has had four plate attempts against Clayton this MLB season, and has only recorded one hit, and two strikeouts.
However, Austin Hedges has bat against Kershaw the most on the team, with 21 attempts, and also only recorded one hit, and saw a total of seven strikeouts. With a strikeout percentage of 33%, betting on the total strikeouts by Kershaw has potential, especially with special prop bets offered by Bovada for the game.
USAOnlineSportsbooks.com provides you with the most current information regarding sports betting and fantasy with the help of commissions we receive from links you may click on our site.
Requested Special Prop Bets At Bovada
- Kershaw, 4+ Strikeouts/Dodgers Win -155
- Kershaw, 5+ Strikeouts/Dodgers Win +110
- Kershaw, 8+ Strikeouts/Dodgers Win +500
Kershaw has pitched in six games this season, with an ERA at 2.12, and 36 total strikeouts. If betting on his total strikeouts, it can be seen that he has averaged six strikeouts in the games he’s played this season.
With these stats, Kershaw has opened up online sports betting opportunities, for the money line of tonight’s game, and the strikeout prop bets.
Money Line For The Game
- Dodgers -218
- Guardians +225
The Dodgers currently have the second-best record in the National League West, trailing the Padres by two games. Kershaw has led the Dodgers to victory in four of the games he pitched, but the team has dropped 6 of their lasy 10. Meanwhile, the Guardians have won eight of their last 10, including four straight heading into Friday’s game.
However, the two teams have faced each other twice this season, and the Dodgers won the first game 6-2 and the second meeting 12-1.
Ben has always been a huge sports fan who loves to keep up with all things NBA and NFL. He is a Editing, Writing, and Media major at Florida State University and enjoys spending his free time watching sports and hanging out.