UFC Vegas 9: Overeem vs. Sakai Full Betting Odds Breakdown

  • UFC Fight Night: Overeem vs. Sakai kicks off Saturday Night at 8:00 p.m. EST.
  • Alistair Overeem is favored in the fight, with -165 odds to win.
  • Augusto Sakai, the underdog, has +135 odds to take out The Reem.

LAS VEGAS - The UFC brings yet another excellent fight to the foreground today for UFC Fight Night: Overeem vs. Sakai.

Alistair Overeem is one of the most decorated UFC/MMA fighters of all time, with a career spanning multiple decades.

Augusto Sakai, on the other hand, is a 29-year-old Brazilian fighter who only made it to the UFC in 2018.

The two are set to clash tonight in the main event of this Fight Night, and as always, USAOnlineSportsbooks is here to break it down.

Alistair Overeem vs. Augusto Sakai Odds To Win

  • Alistair Overeem -165
  • Augusto Sakai +135

Overeem Overview

Alistair Overeem is perhaps the most fascinating fighter in the heavyweight division. The man is an MMA legend, although he is not what he once was.

Overeem has gone from being a tank to being something of a glass cannon - he can be dominant, but he also has a tendency to pick up rough losses sometimes.

As an example, consider his fight against Jairzinho Rozenstruik, from December of 2019.

In that fight, Overeem was dominant and was ahead on all of the judge’s scorecards going into the final round. But, he lost by KO  in the last four seconds.

That’s Overeem in a nutshell, at least at this point in his career. He’s a fighter who can be absolutely brilliant on his day, mixing striking and submissions, but can also be floored at a moment’s notice.

Sakai’s Specifics

By contrast, Augusto Sakai is a young up and coming fighter who has never done two things.

  • Won a fight via submission
  • Lost a fight via KO/TKO

Sakai’s only loss was a split decision loss to Chieck Kongo in Bellator and the only other blemish on his record is a draw against Dan Charles, also in Bellator.

Advertising Disclosure

USAOnlineSportsbooks.com provides you with the most current information regarding sports betting and fantasy with the help of commissions we receive from links you may click on our site.

Sakai has not lost in the UFC and that loss against Kongo was in 2017. He’s sure to be a challenge for Overeem.

This fight is an important one for Sakai - it signals his potential entry into the big leagues. He hasn’t faced anyone near Overeem’s caliber since arriving in the UFC.

Potential Props

Both of these fighters are power punchers. Overeem, who has had plenty of more fights in his career, has achieved 52% of his wins by KO/TKO.

Alistair Overeem to Win by TKO/KO Odds

  • No -180
  • Yes +150

Augusto Sakai to Win by TKO/KO Odds

  • No -300
  • Yes +240

The Sakai odds are especially interesting. He has achieved 79% of his wins by KO/TKO, and the other 21% by decision.

Overeem vs. Sakai - Odds To Go the Distance

  • Yadong Song -200
  • Marlon Vera +160

If one were inclined to wager on Sakai, one could take Yes +240 for the KO/TKO prop as well as Yes +210 on the fight going the distance, in order to hedge a bit.

In this scenario, if Sakai wins by either KO/TKO or decision, one of those bets cashes. In addition, if Sakai loses by decision, the second bet will still cash.

This might be getting a bit too cute - this is a five-round fight after all, and neither of these fighters seems likely to go the distance.

It might be more advantageous for a UFC bettor to replace or supplement a wager on Sakai with a bet on his odds to win by KO/TKO, given how many of his wins come by that method.