- The Los Angeles Rams have +115 odds to beat the Buffalo Bills in Week 1.
- Road underdogs in Week 1 that did not make the playoffs have won 61% of games.
- The under in Week 1 for two teams that didn’t make the playoffs is 63-45-1.
LOS ANGELES – The NFL regular season is under one month away and there are extremely profitable Week 1 betting trends to keep in mind.
Betting On Super Bowl Winners In Week 1
The defending Super Bowl champions, Los Angeles Rams, are scheduled to take on the Buffalo Bills in Week 1 of the season. However, they are going in as +115 underdogs on the moneyline and 2.5-point dogs on the spread.
Super Bowl winners from the previous season have gone 7-1 S/U in Week 1 over the last eight seasons. As for the spread, defending champs have held their ground as well going 6-2 in that same time span.
The Rams have also gone 5-0 S/U in Week 1 over the last five seasons with four of those being home wins as well.
Betting On Non-Playoff Road Underdogs In Week 1
While this one might be tough to get around, historically road underdogs that failed to make the playoffs from the previous season have turned a massive profit. All time, teams that fit that criteria have gone a whopping 73-46-4 against the spread for $2,348 in total profit.
There are three teams in Week 1 this season that failed to make the playoffs last season and are road underdogs.
- New York Giants +6.5 @ Tennessee Titans
- Pittsburgh Steelers +6.5 @ Cincinnati Bengals
- Jacksonville Jaguars +4 @ Washington Commanders
The non-playoff sports betting trend continues to the total points as well. When two non-playoff teams come together in Week 1, the under on the total points has cashed 58% of the time with a 63-45-1 record for a total profit of $1,492. With seven opportunities, the NFL Week 1 betting trend of taking the under when two non-playoff teams face off, is very present.
- Cleveland Browns Vs. Carolina Panthers (O/U 42.5)
- New Orleans Saints Vs. Atlanta Falcons (O/U 42)
- Philadelphia Eagles Vs. Detroit Lions (O/U 46.5)
- Indianapolis Colts Vs. Houston Texans (O/U 44.5)
- Denver Broncos Vs. Seattle Seahawks (O/U 41)
- Baltimore Ravens Vs. New York Jets (O/U 45)
- Jacksonville Jaguars Vs. Washington Commanders (O/U 44.5)
Samuel decided to get into writing 6 years ago when he first started his college career at Florida State University. After declaring a major in Editing, Writing and Media, Samuel had found his passion for writing. During his free time, he could be found writing about, watching or playing sports.