- The importance of strokes gained on approach and when putting on bent grass greens makes John Rahm the best bet to win the Memorial Tournament this weekend with +700 odds.
- Worthy longshots given their course fit are Wyndham Clark (+5000) and Ben Taylor (+75000) who both have long odds at Muirfield Village.
DUBLIN, Ohio - Muirfield Village is the home to the Memorial Tournament this week, where golfers can gain an advantage for having key statistics that have emerged since Jack Nicklaus redesigned the course two years ago.
Bettors will find that many of the golfers atop the odds boards at USA online sportsbooks are among the best players in the world. With statistics-focused bettors that use strokes gained statistics for approach shots and putting on bent grass greens, it shows that reigning Masters champion Jon Rahm is likely the best bet of the week in what is expected to be a loaded field.
2023 Memorial Tournament Odds
- Scottie Scheffler +650
- Jon Rahm +700
- Patrick Cantlay +1100
- Xander Schauffele +1200
- Rory McIlroy +1600
- Viktor Hovland +1600
- Collin Morikawa +2000
- Jason Day +3000
- Justin Thomas +3000
- Sungjae Im +3000
Important Statistics for Betting on the Memorial Tournament
Using data from the 2022 Memorial Tournament bettors can build an outline of why putting (on bent grass greens) and approach shots are the two most important strokes gained stats to pay attention to ahead of Thursday morning.
Last year, eight players finished at six under or better. Using those finishers, the importance of putting and approach play is highlighted.
Strokes Gained at the 2022 Memorial Tournament
|Golfer:||SG PUTT:||SG ARG:||SG APP:||SG OTT:|
|Billy Horschel (-13)||0.95||1.31||1.25||0.84|
|Aaron Wise (-9)||1.16||0.05||1.96||0.18|
|Patrick Cantlay (-7)||1.09||0.26||0.79||0.7|
|Joaquin Niemann (-7)||0.67||-0.57||1.58||1.18|
|Max Homa (-6)||1.09||0.67||0.73||0.11|
|Daniel Berger (-6)||1.65||-0.5||1.34||0.1|
|Denny McCarthy (-6)||1.21||1.76||0.53||-0.71|
|Will Zalatoris (-6)||0.37||-0.13||1.19||1.16|
|Sahith Theegala (-6)||0.06||0.4||1.48||0.65|
Breaking it down into percentages, the breakdown of strokes gained by each major category is:
- Putting: 31%
- Around the Green: 12%
- Approach: 41%
- Off the Tee: 16%
With over 70% of the strokes gained by golfers that finished T-5 or better found in the putting and approach categories, those are the statistics to focus on when betting on the Memorial Tournament.
USAOnlineSportsbooks.com provides you with the most current information regarding sports betting and fantasy with the help of commissions we receive from links you may click on our site.
Best Bets for the Memorial Tournament
Best Bets to Win the Memorial
- Jon Rahm (+700): 1.341 Total (0.976 APP + 0.365 PUTT)
- Rory McIlroy (+1600): 1.205 Total (0.816 APP + 0.389 PUTT)
- Xander Schauffele (+1200): 1.196 Total (0.892 APP + 0.304 PUTT)
- Scottie Scheffler (+650): 1.141 Total (1.071 APP + 0.07 PUTT)
- Collin Morikawa (+2000): 1.112 Total (1.075 APP + 0.037 PUTT)
- Wyndham Clark (+5000): 1.093 Total (0.56 APP + 0.533 PUTT)
- Patrick Cantlay (+1100): 0.945 Total (0.461 APP + 0.484 PUTT)
- Jordan Spieth (+3500): 0.879 Total (0.484 APP + 0.395 PUTT)
- Viktor Hovland (+1600): 0.856 Total (0.711 APP + 0.145 PUTT)
- Ben Taylor (+75000): 0.848 Total (-0.001 APP + 0.849 PUTT)
Jon Rahm's dominance this season makes it unsurprising that he is the best bet to win the Memorial Tournament at online golf sportsbooks in the US, with longshots such as Wyndham Clark at +5000 and Ben Taylor at +75000 good possible fliers given their fits at Muirfield Village.