- Justin Thomas(+1600) is the best bet to win the FedEx St. Jude Championship.
- Based on individual matchups, the best bet is Corey Conners(-130) over Tyrrell Hatton.
- Other advantageous matchups include Mito Pereira(-145) over Emiliano Grillo(+110) and Mark Hubbard(-150) over Adam Svensson(+115).
MEMPHIS, Tenn. – The FedEx St. Jude Championship tees off Thursday morning with many of the world’s best golfers participating.
According to Mike Glasscott of PGATour.com, there are four key statistics to focus on when betting on the FedEx St. Jude Championship: strokes gained tee to green, bogey avoidance, strokes gained approaching the green, and par-4 scoring.
By averaging each of the participating golfer’s rank in each of those categories, Justin Thomas with +1600 odds appears to be the best bet.
The value of betting on the St. Jude Championship based on those four key course stats can clearly be seen simply by viewing the players that the model highlights.
The top five golfers based on average rank all have odds that rate amongst the eight shortest.
With the seriousness of the tournament and based on his average ranking, Justin Thomas is the best bet to win the FedEx St. Jude Championship.
USAOnlineSportsbooks.com provides you with the most current information regarding sports betting and fantasy with the help of commissions we receive from links you may click on our site.
Betting On Individual Matchups
PGA Tour sportsbooks are also allowing bettors to wager on the winners of individual matchups. Using the same core four stats that were used to find the best bet to win (strokes gained tee to green, bogey avoidance, strokes gained approaching the green, and par-4 scoring) the best individual matchup bets can be found.
The three largest differences based on average rankings of those four stats in head-to-head matchups offered by Bovada are:
- Corey Conners(-130) over Tyrrell Hatton(+100): 75.5 average ranking difference in favor of Conners.
- Mito Pereira(-145) over Emiliano Grillo(+110): 63.75 average ranking advantage for Pereira.
- Mark Hubbard(-150) over Adam Svensson(+115): Hubbard ranks 60 spots higher than Svensson when combining relevant statistics.
More About St. Jude Championship
The St. Jude Championship is the first event of the FedEx Cup Playoffs, meaning that this is not an average non-major golf tournament. This golf tournament has a $2.7 million award given to the winner, but that pails in comparison to the payout for winning the playoffs.
The winner of the Tour Championship is determined by the FedEx Cup, which pays out $18 million to the winner. Prize money scales relative to each golfer’s final position, with the tenth-place finisher winning $1 million.
With so much money on the line, it is safe to expect each golfer to be going all out. That level of commitment from the golfers has been equaled by the online sportsbooks that offer golf odds, with many offering futures and head-to-head matchup odds.