- Despite a high total, betting on the over for 54.5 points is one of the best bets in the Los Angeles Chargers at Kansas City Chiefs game.
- With a high total and high likelihood of the game going over that total, it is likely that many player props go over.
- The two best bets for player props are on Justin Herbert to score a touchdown(+390) and for Travis Kelce to go over 77.5 receiving yards.
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Two of the four teams with the shortest odds to win Super Bowl 57 collide on Thursday Night Football when the Kansas City Chiefs host their AFC West division rival Los Angeles Chargers.
Online sportsbooks have tabbed this game as the highest scoring matchup of the week, with the 54.5-point total a field goal higher than any other matchup.
|Los Angeles Chargers
|Kansas City Chiefs
Betting on the over in the KC vs LAC matchup
Despite the league-high total for the Chiefs versus Chargers matchup, 54.5 points may not be high enough total at online sportsbooks considering the trends that support the over:
USAOnlineSportsbooks.com provides you with the most current information regarding sports betting and fantasy with the help of commissions we receive from links you may click on our site.
- Last Season: The Bolts and the Chiefs had the over hit in one of two matchups last season. Both games saw the total set at 54 or higher. In the game that went under, the two teams combined for 54 points when there was a 55-point total. During that game, the Chargers kicker missed two extra points, which would have pushed the game over the total.
- Recent Play By Both Teams: Both the Chargers and Chiefs have seen the over hit at astounding rates recently. The over has occurred in eight of the Chiefs’ past nine games, while the over has hit in seven of the Chargers’ last nine.
- AFC Opponents: When specifically facing AFC opponents, the over has been incredibly likely to hit for both the Chargers and the Chiefs. The over has occurred in the Chargers’ last five AFC games, while the over has hit in four of the Chief’s last five games against AFC foes.
Betting on which players will help with total go over
NFL betting sites have left plenty of value on the board for player props in this Chiefs and Chargers game, especially when considering the likelihood that it is a high-scoring affair.
In the high-scoring affair, many players are likely to go over some of their player props. Some of the best bets include:
- Justin Herbert anytime touchdown scorer (+390): In this matchup against a division rival and one of his few peers at the position, Justin Herbert has proven that he will do whatever it takes to win. He has played the Chiefs four times in his career, and while his 2.5 touchdown passes per game and 0.5 interceptions per game stats are great, what stands out is the fact that he has rushed for a touchdown in three of the four games as well. Considering the +390 odds, betting on the Oregon product as an anytime touchdown scorer may be the best bet of the game.
- Travis Kelce over 77.5 receiving yards (-115): Patrick Mahomes recently discussed the likelihood of volatile receiving outputs affecting fantasy football for some of the Chiefs’ playmakers. That does not apply to Travis Kelce, who in Week One hauled in eight of his nine targets for 121 yards. Kelce has at least 90 receiving yards in five of his last six games against the Chargers.