- Serena Williams looks to continue her late-career resurgence with a victory over Ajla Tomljanovic.
- Williams already upset Anett Kontaveit, who had -250 odds to win, and is favored over Tomljanovic with -165 odds to win.
- Williams has even odds to win every set 6-0, 6-1 or 6-2.
NEW YORK – In her final Major tournament, Serena Williams has made it to the third round, where she is favored over Ajla Tomljanovic.
Serena Williams vs. Ajla Tomljanovic Odds
- Serena Williams -165
- Ajla Tomljanovic +135
Williams is fresh off of a victory over second-ranked Anett Kontaveit, which may have contributed to the momentum Williams seems to have gathered at online sportsbooks. Kontaveit was a -250 favorite over Williams.
However, the main contributor to Tomljanovic’s low chances of beating Williams is that she’s never made it out of the third round of the US Open.
This is Tomljanovic’s ninth US Open appearance, and seven of them ended in first or second-round defeats.
Tomljanovic did make it to the third round last year, but she lost to Karolina Pliskova in straight sets.
Notably, while Williams is fresh off of her victory over Kontaveit in singles competition, she and her sister Venus were eliminated from the US Open’s doubles competition on Thursday.
USAOnlineSportsbooks.com provides you with the most current information regarding sports betting and fantasy with the help of commissions we receive from links you may click on our site.
Serena Williams Props vs. Ajla Tomljanovic
- Williams To Win & Under 21.5 Total Games +200
- Williams To Win & Over 21.5 Total Games +200
- Williams To Win Every Set 6-0, 6-1 Or 6-2 EVEN
- Williams To Win Every Set 6-3 Or 6-4 +800
- Williams To Win Every Set 7-5 Or 7-6 +2500
- Williams To Win Every Set 7-6 +8000
- Williams To Win First Two Service Games To 0 Or 15 +550
The online sportsbooks offer plenty of props on this match, with the collective view seeming to be that Williams is going to dominate.
She has even odds to win every set 6-0, 6-1, or 6-2. These odds are quite short given that Williams is only -165 on the moneyline in the first place.
The more competitive the props get, the less likely they become – Williams has +800 odds to win every set 6-3 or 6-4, for example.
However, some of this is likely due to the fact that the 6-0, 6-1, 6-2 prop simply has more options contained within it.
Serena Williams faces off against Ajla Tomljanovic at 7:00 p.m. EDT on Friday. The match will be broadcast on ESPN.
Maxwell joined the USAOnlineSportsbooks team in 2019. He focuses on creating sports betting content that informs and educates. He focuses on the NBA, the NFL, College Football and Basketball, and whatever else comes across his desk.