- Betting on the Tennessee Titans to cover the first-quarter spread against the Green Bay Packers may be the best bet for Thursday Night Football.
- With Tennessee likely to score first, it may be best to wager on Dontrell Hilliard to score the first touchdown based on the team’s previous first-quarter touchdown scorers.
GREEN BAY, Wis. - The Green Bay Packers host the Tennessee Titans on Thursday Night Football this week, with Bovada offering unique odds on which team will win each quarter and half.
Based on each team's performance this season, those odds may be the best bets of the Thursday Night tilt.
Betting on the Titans in the First Quarter
Each quarter has its own spread, moneyline, and total at NFL sportsbooks, with bets on the Titans to cover the spread in the first quarter against Green Bay looking like the best option.
First Quarter Titans vs Packers Odds
|Green Bay Packers
Tennessee has averaged the ninth-most first-quarter points in the league thus far at 5.0, with that number jumping to 5.6 on the road (third best).
On the contrary, the Packers have averaged 2.7 first-quarter points, with that number plummeting to a league-worst 0.8 first-quarter points per game when at home.
Both teams have struggled to score in the first-quarter over their past three games, with the Titans and Packers having scored a combined zero points.
The Titan’s first quarter moneyline with +120 odds is an appealing option, but with the threat of another zero-point first quarter, it may be best to just bet on them to cover the +0.5-point spread because that means Tennessee would still cover.
USAOnlineSportsbooks.com provides you with the most current information regarding sports betting and fantasy with the help of commissions we receive from links you may click on our site.
Betting on the First Touchdown Scorer
With the Packers' struggles to point points on the board early in games this season, a logical next step is to bet on a Titans player to score the game’s first touchdown.
The Titans have had four different players score a first-quarter touchdown this season.
The number of first-quarter touchdowns each player has and their odds to be the first touchdown scorer on Thursday Night are:
- Derrick Henry (+400): Two first-quarter touchdowns, one in Week Two against the Buffalo Bills and one in Week Seven against the Indianapolis Colts
- Dontrell Hilliard (+2000): Two first-quarter touchdowns, one in Week One against the New York Giants and another in Week Five against the Washington Commanders
- Geoff Swaim (+4000): One first-quarter touchdown this season against the Las Vegas Raiders in Week Three
- Robert Woods (+1400): One first-quarter touchdown this season against the Indianapolis Colts in Week Seven
With the Titans likely to score first, betting on Hilliard who has opened the first quarter scoring for Tennessee twice this season is one of the best long-shot bets of the night.
Are you trailing bets on Dontrell Hilliard and the Titans early vs the Packers?