- Despite the Florida Gators' impressive win in Week One, betting on the Kentucky Wildcats to cover the six-point spread may be the better bet when considering recent history.
- With two top-rated quarterbacks leading both teams, it is logical to target the player props of their receivers who would benefit from their talent.
- Specifically, Tayvion Robinson's receiving yards prop of 61.5 yards may be the best bet given that he had 136 yards in his Kentucky debut.
GAINSVILLE, Fla. - Superstar quarterbacks square off in Gainesville on Saturday night when Will Levis leads 20th ranked Kentucky into The Swamp to take on the 12th ranked Florida Gators that are led by Anthony Richardson.
Odds makers have made Florida a six-point favorite in the contest, with the line moving from -5.5 for the home team to -6 between 10 am and noon yesterday.
Kentucky Wildcats vs Florida Gators Odds
Betting On Kentucky To Cover The Spread In The Swamp
Through one game the Gators have the more impressive win over the two teams after they beat the Utah Utes who were favored by 2.5 points.
Despite the strong showing that vaulted Florida from unranked in the AP Pol to 12th, betting on Kentucky to cover the spread may be a better bet come Saturday night.
Given that team has only played once this season, it makes sense to include betting trends from last season to get a better feel for each team:
- Equal Rest: Since 2021, Kentucky has been the single best team to bet on College Football when facing an opponent with equal rest, going 8-0-0 ATS over that time frame. Florida has gone 4-6 ATS under those same conditions.
- Underdogs/Favorites: Since the beginning of last season Kentucky is 3-2 ATS as an underdog, good for a 60% cover rate over that time frame. That cover rate jumps to 66% when the Wildcats were road underdogs since last season. On the other hand, the Florida Gators have been the second worst team in all of college football amongst teams that have been favored more than twice since 2021, with an 18.2% cover rate (2-9-0 ATS).
Best Player Prop Bets For Kentucky At Florida
The Kentucky Wildcats and Florida Gators are both big-time athletic programs, but what makes this game very interesting is the quarterbacks involved.
USAOnlineSportsbooks.com provides you with the most current information regarding sports betting and fantasy with the help of commissions we receive from links you may click on our site.
Based on ESPN's 2023 NFL Draft rankings, both Anthony Richardson and Will Levis are amongst the top five quarterback prospects in the entire country.
As such, it may make sense to bet on some of their top targets to be beneficiaries when betting at online sportsbooks.
Betting on the over for Tayvion Robinson's receiving yards prop of 61.5 yards may be the best bet of the bunch. The former Virginia Tech player broke out in his first game with the Wildcats, going for 6 catches and 136 yards.
He only needs half of that to clear his receiving yards prop bet against the Gators.