- The Dallas Cowboys and Baltimore Ravens are the two teams on a bye this week.
- NFL MVP Patrick Mahomes has been officially ruled out for the Kansas City Chiefs with a dislocated knee cap.
- The home teams are the favorites in every matchup in Week 8, except for two.
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. – Week 8 of the NFL season kicked off Thursday night with a matchup between the Minnesota Vikings and the Washington Redskins. With Minnesota winning that contest 19-9, bettors can now turn their attention to other matchups.
With an exciting slate of NFL games this weekend, there’s plenty of good odds and lines to bet on this weekend. We’ve gathered some of the notable betting trends to help you find an edge in placing your bets in Week 8.
Betting Trends For NFL Week 8
Los Angeles Chargers vs. Chicago Bears (-3.5, 42.5) @ 1 p.m. EST
- The Chargers are 1-4 SU in their last five games playing at Soldier Field.
- The total has gone under in five of the Bears last five home games.
Winner: Chicago Bears (-200)
Arizona Cardinals vs. New Orleans Saints (-10.5, 48) @ 1 p.m. EST
- In their last ten games against the Saints, the Arizona Cardinals are 3-7 SU.
- The Saints are 7-1 SU in their last eight games against the Cardinals at home.
Winner: New Orleans Saints (-10.5)
Seattle Seahawks (-7, 53) vs. Atlanta Falcons @ 1 p.m. EST
- The total has gone Over in four of the last five games Seattle has played the Falcons on the road.
- The Atlanta Falcons have a record of 1-6 ATS this season.
Winner: Seattle Seahawks (-7), Over
Philadelphia Eagles vs. Buffalo Bills (-1.5, 42.5)
- Philadelphia is 7-1 ATS in their last eight matchups against an AFC East division opponent.
- In four of the last four meetings between the Eagles-Bills, the total has gone Under.
Winner: Buffalo Bills (-1.5), Under
New York Giants vs. Detroit Lions (-6.5, 49.5)
- In their last six matchups on the road against Detroit, the Giants have a 5-1 record SU.
- The Lions are 8-2 ATS in their last ten matchups against an NFC East opponent.
Winner: Detroit Lions (-6.5)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. Tennessee Titans (-2.5, 45.5) @ 1 p.m. EST
- Tampa Bay is on a seven-game losing streak when playing the Titans on the road.
- The Titans have won five straight games against NFC opponents.
Winner: Tennessee Titans (-145)
Denver Broncos vs. Indianapolis Colts (-5.5, 42) @ 1 p.m. EST
- The Broncos are 3-8 ATS in their last 11 matchups against the Colts.
- The Colts are 8-1 SU in their last nine games at Lucas Oil Stadium.
Winner: Indianapolis Colts (-5.5)
USAOnlineSportsbooks.com provides you with the most current information regarding sports betting and fantasy with the help of commissions we receive from links you may click on our site.
Cincinnati Bengals vs. Los Angeles Rams (-12, 48) @ 1 p.m. EST
- The Bengals are currently on a nine-game losing streak.
- Los Angeles is 5-2 ATS in seven games this season.
Winner: Los Angeles Rams (-12), Over
New York Jets vs. Jacksonville Jaguars (-6.5, 41) @ 1 p.m. EST
- In their last 11 games against the Jaguars, the New York Jets have a record of 3-8 ATS.
- The Jaguars are 1-4 SU against the Jets in their last five meetings.
Winner: New York Jets (+240)
Carolina Panthers vs. San Francisco 49ers (-5.5, 42) @ 4:05 p.m. EST
- When playing the 49ers on the road the Carolina Panthers have a record of 9-1 ATS in their last ten meetings.
- The 49ers are currently on a six-game winning streak.
Winner: San Francisco 49ers (-5.5)
Cleveland Browns vs. New England Patriots (-11, 45.5) @ 4:25 p.m. EST
- The Browns are 1-4 SU in their last five games at Gillette Stadium.
- The New England Patriots are 12-0 SU in their last 12 games.
Winner: New England Patriots (-11)
Oakland Raiders vs. Houston Texans (-7, 52) @ 4:25 p.m. EST
- Oakland has a 7-2 record ATS in their last nine matchups against a team from the AFC South division.
- The Texans are 4-1 ATS in the last five games against an AFC West opponent.
Winner: Houston Texans (-7)
Green Bay Packers (-3.5, 47.5) vs. Kansas City Chiefs @ 8:20 p.m. EST
- Green Bay has a 7-1 record ATS in their last eight games facing an AFC team.
- When Playing the Packers at home the Kansas City Chiefs are 4-2 SU.
Winner: Green Bay Packers (-3.5)
Miami Dolphins vs. Pittsburgh Steelers (-13.5, 43.5) @ 8:15 p.m. EST
- The Dolphins are 4-2 ATS in their last six games against the Steelers.
- The total has gone Under in eight of the last twelve matchups between the Dolphins-Steelers.
Winner: Pittsburgh Steelers (-13.5)
*USA online sportsbook odds provided by Bovada
As a professional sports writer, Robert has written for outlets such as the FAMUAN and other sports-centric platforms. He focuses mainly on NFL and NBA betting, though he keeps tabs on every major sport.