- The matchup between the Detroit Lions and Buffalo Bills on Thanksgiving Day has the highest point total of the week, with the best bet still on the over for the first half.
- Online sportsbooks have made the Bills -160 favorites to score first, although the Detroit Lions with +125 odds are a better bet to do so.
DETROIT – The Detroit Lions host the Buffalo Bills on Thanksgiving Day in a matchup that online sportsbooks have suggested will be a shootout.
The 54-point total is nearly a touchdown higher than any other game in Week 12 at Bovada, meaning fans and bettors alike may want to postpone any turkey induced naps until after this game.
Buffalo Bills vs Detroit Lions Betting Odds
Betting on the First Half Over
At Bovada, the first half betting line has the total set 27 points, exactly half of the full game total.
Betting the over for the Bills vs Lions matchup at NFL sportsbooks may be a great option in this matchup between two of the top ten scoring teams in the league, but the best bet overall is on the first half total to go over.
A few key trends point to the first half over as the best bet:
- First Half Team Offenses: The Buffalo Bills have scored 16.7 points per game in the first half this season, with the Lions not far behind at 13.3. Buffalo ranks second in the league in first half scoring and Detroit ranks ninth. Those per game averages point to a potential 30-point first half.
- Detroit at Home: So far this season the Detroit Lions have scored 17.2 points per game in the first half when playing at Ford Field, with their defense giving up 13.3 points per game in the first half. Buffalo has somewhat sputtered out of the gate on the road with their first half points per game dropping from 16.7 to 11.8, yet still ranks ninth in the league in first half scoring on the road.
- Buffalo in Detroit: A catch is included with the statement that Buffalo has struggled scoring on the road, as that does not represent their recent performance that happened when they hosted the Cleveland Browns at Ford Field this past week because of a snow storm in Buffalo. That outing was technically a home game for the Bills so it does not count towards their season long road stats. The Bills scored 30 points overall and 13 points in the first half showing off a strong offense at Ford Field. Couple that with the fact that the team does not having to travel for their road game this week and the Bills should have their strongest first half of the season.
Betting on the Team to Score First
Online sportsbooks have made the Buffalo Bills the clear favorites to score first against the Detroit Lions, despite both teams having scored first in seven of their ten games.
USAOnlineSportsbooks.com provides you with the most current information regarding sports betting and fantasy with the help of commissions we receive from links you may click on our site.
Odds to Score First in Bills vs Lions
- Buffalo Bills -160
- Detroit Lions +125
With both teams scored first in the exact same number of games this season, it may be curious that Buffalo is such a heavy favorite to do so on Thursday
The Bills have given up the first score of the game in their past two games, which if anything points towards Detroit scoring first.
Betting the Lions to score first may be no better than a coinflip, but with +125 odds, players may eat early on Thanksgiving if they bet on Detroit to score first.TRAIL this bet FADE this bet
Are you trailing or fading first half scoring between the Bills and the Browns?