- Donald Trump could be indicted by the Manhattan District Attorney.
- Online sportsbooks give this outcome -600 odds of happening.
- Trump expects to be arrested Tuesday, an outcome sportsbooks give +250 odds of happening.
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. - Former President Donald Trump is rumored to be arrested in the near future thanks to campaign finance violations.
In fact, the online sportsbooks have odds suggesting that he is a significant favorite to be indicted, and a mild underdog to be arrested specifically on Tuesday.
Trump Arrest Odds
- Manhattan DA To Indict Donald Trump In 2023 In Relation To Campaign Finance/Falsifying Business Records -600
- Donald Trump To Be Arrested On Tuesday 21st March 2023 In Relation To Campaign Finance/Falsifying Business Records +250
The fact that the indictment seems so certain, but the arrest does not, reflects the uncertainty around what it would mean to arrest a former President of the United States.
Trump himself claimed he would be arrested on Tuesday, using his right-wing Twitter alternative, Truth Social.
“The far & away leading Republican candidate & former president of the United States of America, will be arrested on Tuesday of next week,” Trump wrote.
This uncertainty is borne out in further political odds – Trump has +200 odds to be extradited to New York to face these charges, and also has odds to be a defendant in a criminal trial before the election.
Trump Prosecution/Conviction Odds
- Donald Trump To Be Extradited From Florida To New York In 2023 +200
- Donald Trump To Be The Defendant In A Criminal Trial Before November 2024 +275
- Donald Trump To Win The 2024 US Presidential Election And Be The Defendant In A Criminal Trial During The Term Of Office +1600
- Donald Trump To Be Convicted Of A Felony And Serve Time In Prison Before 2025 +3000
No current or former President of the United States has ever faced prosecution. Then again, no current or former President of the United States (to the best of our knowledge) has arranged hush money payments to porn stars.
During the furor over Trump’s potential arrest, odds on the Republican Party’s nomination have been taken off the board.
USAOnlineSportsbooks.com provides you with the most current information regarding sports betting and fantasy with the help of commissions we receive from links you may click on our site.
In recent months, Florida Governor Ron DeSantis has taken a betting lead over Trump, but Trump has been winning in every poll.
DeSantis, for his part, seemed content to mock Trump’s legal woes from the sidelines.
As Governor of the state that Trump lives in, he could make noise about refusing extradition, even if he would be unable to pull it off, simply to placate the base.
However, these comments don’t make it seem likely.
Maxwell joined the USAOnlineSportsbooks team in 2019. He focuses on creating sports betting content that informs and educates. He focuses on the NBA, the NFL, College Football and Basketball, and whatever else comes across his desk.