- When betting on players to make the cut at the Masters, players should focus on golfers with near-even odds that have strong pasts regarding course history, recent play, around-the-green statistics, and greens in regulation stats.
- Golfers with the best combination of odds and history that should be bet on to make the cut are Charl Schwartzel, J.T. Poston, Adam Svensson, and Tiger Woods.
AUGUSTA, Ga. - The Masters tees off on Thursday, with BetOnline offering odds on many of the golfers from the strong field to make and miss the cut.
The popular online Masters sportsbook currently offers odds on 75 different golfers making and missing the cut.
The betting odds for the Masters reflect the likelihood that BetOnline has given each golfer to make the cut.
Because of that reflection in the odds, it is best to focus on the golfers with mild expectations at Augusta National because of the stronger payouts for getting predictions right.
Brian Mull of The Augusta Chronicle put out a story highlighting the most important statistics for players to have success (i.e. at least making the cut) at the Masters.
USAOnlineSportsbooks.com provides you with the most current information regarding sports betting and fantasy with the help of commissions we receive from links you may click on our site.
The statistics that were highlighted were:
- Greens in Regulation (GIR)
- Strokes Gained Around the Green (ARG)
- Par-5 Scoring
- Recent Form
- Masters History
Using those statistics, bettors at online sportsbooks can determine which golfers with near-even or better payouts to make the cut are the best bets.
Betting on Players to Make the Cut at the Masters
- Charl Schwartzel (Make -125/Miss -105): With fair -125 odds, betting on Charl Schwartzel to make the cut is largely a bet on his incredibly strong history at the Masters stats. Having made the cut in three straight Masters and nine out of 13 times overall, Schwartzel clearly has the requisite knowledge to at least make the cut. Included in Charl Schwartzel's Masters history is a win back in 2011.
- Adam Svensson (Make -165/Miss +135): With five straight made cuts and the 49th-best scoring average on par-5s, Adam Svensson appears to be a strong bet to make the cut at the Masters.
- J.T. Poston (Make -210/Miss +170): Ranking 12th in both GIR and Par-5 Scoring stats from this season, J.T. Poston has the making of a golfer that should have no problem sneaking past the cutline on Friday. Poston's elite scoring statistics have shown up in his recent form, with back-to-back top tens at the Dell Match Play tournament and Valspar Championship.
- Tiger Woods (Make -165/Miss +135): The main event at the Masters has Tiger Woods odds as low as -165 to make the cut at the Masters may have been the best bet in all of sports given his course history at Augusta National if it were not for injuries. Woods has made the cut 22 straight times at the Masters, overcoming his bank and leg injuries in the past to payout belief in the legend. Woods struggled after making the cut last year but has proven to be a safe bet to at least make it to the weekend.
Who is the Best Bet to make the Cut at the Masters
|Charl Schwartzel||(Make -125/Miss -105)|
|Adam Svensson||(Make -165/Miss +135)|
|J.T. Poston||(Make -210/Miss +170)|
|Tiger Woods||(Make -165/Miss +135)|