- The Detroit Lions are hosting the Buffalo Bills on Thanksgiving Day as 10-point underdogs and have -360 odds to win SU.
- On Josh Allen’s two career Thanksgiving Day games, the Bills have outscored their opponents 57 to 21 as he has thrown for five total TDs.
- The Bills have played all 10 games as the favorite in 2022 and have covered the spread in five of them, with two being on the road.
DETROIT – The Buffalo Bills are visiting Detroit to face the Lions on Thanksgiving Day as 10-point road favorites against the Lions. When the spread first dropped for this matchup, the Bills were favored by nine but the line has since moved further in Buffalo’s favor.
- Bills -500
- Lions +360
Will the Bills Cover for the Second Straight Week in Detroit?
Only four days before their Thanksgiving Day matchup, the Bills moved their home game against the Cleveland Browns to Detroit, due to a snowstorm. The Bills covered the eight-point spread with ease against Cleveland and could have value at online sportsbook sites to cover in Detroit for the second consecutive NFL week.
When playing on the road in 2022, the Bills have coved the spread in two games, failed to cover in two, and pushed in one. The Bills have been favored in all 10 games this season and have covered in five of them but only failed to cover in four, with one resulting in a push.
Detroit has covered in three of their five games at Ford Field in 2022 but has not had to face the Josh Allen led team on Thanksgiving. This is Allen’s third Thanksgiving Day game, where he has found success, as can be seen below:
USAOnlineSportsbooks.com provides you with the most current information regarding sports betting and fantasy with the help of commissions we receive from links you may click on our site.
- 2021 – The Bills faced the Saints in New Orleans and won by 25 points. Allen threw for 260 total yards, with four TDs, two interceptions, and only two other incompletions.
- 2019 – During his second year in the NFL, Allen led the Bills to an 11-point win against the Cowboys on the road and threw for 231 yards, 1 TD, and only had five total incompletions.
Betting on the Alternative Spreads In Detroit
While the Bills have had two of their last three games decided by three points, they showed the potential to blow teams out of the water early in the season. During the Bills' first five games of the 2022 season, they had four games that they won by 21+ points.
For NFL online betting fans that want to wager on the Bills to defeat the Lions by a large margin, there are alternative spreads that could help players win big during this Thanksgiving.
Bills Alterative Spreads
- 11.0 +105
- 12.0 +115
- 13.0 +125
- 14.0 +145
- 15.0 +165
- 16.0 +180
Will Josh Allen lead the Bills to cover for the second straight week in Detroit?
Ben has always been a huge sports fan who loves to keep up with all things NBA and NFL. He is a Editing, Writing, and Media major at Florida State University and enjoys spending his free time watching sports and hanging out.