- The Minnesota Vikings host the New England Patriots on Thanksgiving as a 2.5-point favorite.
- Betting on Dalvin Cook and Rhamondre Stevenson based on their performance as a favorite or underdog this season offers a lot of value at online sportsbooks.
- Cook has run for nearly 12 more yards per game as a favorite than his 72.5 rushing yards prop would indicate, with bets on the over a strong option.
- Rhamondre Stevenson has seen a steep drop off in production when the Patriots are underdogs, with bets on the under for both his rushing yards and total yards great options.
MINNEAPOLIS - Two of the league's premier running backs square off on Thanksgiving Day when Dalvin Cook and the Minnesota Vikings host Rhamondre Stevenson and the New England Patriots.
Dalvin Cook and Rhamondre Stevenson both rank among the top 15 players in the league in rushing yards and scrimmage yards this season, making them logical players to focus on when betting on the Vikings and Patriots game at Bovada.
One popular way to bet on both star running backs is to focus on their yardage splits as a favorite or an underdog, with Cook's Vikings a 2.5-point favorite over the Stevenson-led Patriots.
Minnesota Vikings vs New England Patriots Odds
|New England Patriots
Betting on Dalvin Cook
Dalvin Cook has been given relatively modest rushing yard and total scrimmage yards prop bets by NFL sportsbooks :
- Dalvin Cook Rushing Yards: 72.5 (Over: -115, Under: -115)
- Dalvin Cook Total Yards: 90.5 (Over: -115, Under: -115)
Based on Dalvin Cook's stats in all games this season and in the ones that the Vikings are favored in, he may be poised to go over both totals.
Dalvin Cooks Stats this Season
Cook's season-long averages go over the online sportsbook's prop betting lines for both rushing yards and total yards.
What stands out, is how he averages nearly 12 more rushing yards per game as a favorite than his 72.5 rush-yard prop.
USAOnlineSportsbooks.com provides you with the most current information regarding sports betting and fantasy with the help of commissions we receive from links you may click on our site.
Betting on Cook to go over that rushing yard prop because the Vikings lean on him heavily in games that they are favored is likely the best bet for the three-time Pro Bowler.
Betting on Rhamondre Stevenson
Compared to Cook, Rhamondre Stevenson has some rather large splits between his rushing yards and total yards props:
- Rhamondre Stevenson Rushing Yards: 59.5 (Over: -115, Under: -115)
- Rhamondre Stevenson Total Yards: 91.5 (Over: -115, Under: -115)
Rhamondre Stevenson's stats this season in all games, as a favorite, and as an underdog showcase a wide split in expected production for the second year back.
Rhamondre Stevenson Stats this Season
With such a steep drop-off in production as an underdog this season, betting on Stevenson to go under either his rush yards or total yards prop bets are likely good options.
His drop-off as a receiver when the Patriots are underdogs makes the under for Stevenson's total yards likely the better of the two great bets.
Are you fading or tailing bets on the running backs based on performance as a favorite/underdog?